This video encourages you to continue exploring and refining your iconic methodology skills.
- [Instructor] Iconography is one of the purist forms…of illustrative design, and like any form of graphic arts,…the range of styles and usages are as diverse…as creativity itself.…As design continues to progress further…into the digital realm with high resolution screens…and an endless array of mobile devices, apps,…desktop software and other onscreen…and offscreen interactions playing a part…in our daily lives, the more iconography will be needed.…
So I encourage you to keep drawing,…exploring, experimenting, and iconofying complex images…into wonderful, simple motifs so you can use this form…of visual communication in your own work.…As always, thank you for watching.…
- Developing icon ideas
- Simplifying complex shapes
- Drawing visual metaphors
- Establishing visual continuity
- Creating flat icons
- Creating long shadow icons
- Detailing icons
- Creating pixel perfect icons
- Reviewing how icon art is used in a variety of design contexts
Skill Level Intermediate
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka3h 59m Intermediate
1. Iconic Fundamentals
2. Vector Icon Design
3. Raster Icon Design
4. Iconography Samples
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.