Join Robin Schneider for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Illustrator for Fashion Design: Drawing Flats.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
If you'd like more information on using Adobe Illustrator for fashion design,…you can visit my website at adobeforfashion.com and pick up a copy of my book.…There are also some other lynda.com tutorials that are great for additional…information using Adobe Illustrator.…Illustrator CS6 Essential Training will give you well-rounded information about…using Illustrator software.…And one of my favorite artists, Bert Monroy, offers great courses on using Photoshop for rendering;…very inspirational.…
And also, you can visit my Adobe for Fashion page on Facebook.…I post little tips and tricks from time to time and I'd love to see some of your work.…
- What is a flat?
- Scaling, rotating, and duplicating shapes
- Simplifying and mastering the Pen tool to get you up and running quickly
- Drawing shirts with sleeves, collars, and placket details
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Using custom brushes to add stitching and trim quickly
- Creating and using symbols for buttons, zipper pulls, and drawstrings
- Drawing and rendering croquis with faces and hair
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 8m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Overview of Basic Illustrator Tools
2. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
3. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
4. Drawing Skirts
5. Drawing a Blazer
6. Creating Custom Brushes
7. Creating Custom Symbols
8. Drawing Pants
9. Drawing Croquis
10. Presenting and Sharing Your Flats
Saving for print and email1m 53s
Using the Instructor Guide
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.