Learn about global swatches and new swatch creation changes.
- [Instructor] Global swatches are a really useful…feature inside of Illustrator, and what they are…basically is almost like a style definition for color.…So if you create a swatch and make it global,…and then at a later point you need to change it,…then everything using the color will update.…In fact, InDesign has worked this way…for years and years and years, and from now on…in Illustrator, any swatch you create, unless you tell it…to be otherwise, is automatically a global swatch.…
Let's demonstrate in this file here, where I'm going to…modify this background along the words Pirates Ahoy!…So I come over to the properties inspector and click…the fill, and this is using just a…default swatch here from the basic RGB set.…Underneath that you can see this already has…a load of global swatches in it.…In fact, global swatches are easy to spot because they have…this small triangular chip in the corner…to let you that they are global.…
I'm going to switch to the color mixer inside this panel…and let's cook up a new color.…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. What topics were part of the course update that occurred 04/30/2018?
A. The following topics were part of the update: opening files in Illustrator; and simplifed use of Variable Data in Illustrator.
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.