Discover the New Document dialog features.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, we're going to take a look…at some of the other features…that don't quite warrant their own chapter,…but are nonetheless important time-savers…and enhancements of Illustrator.…We're going to start off with the New Document dialog here…which you've seen in a couple of places…throughout the course,…but I want to dig in a little bit deeper at this point.…So I'm going to start off with a preset here from the top…of the New Document dialog, and I'll start off…with a 1920 by 1080 document here,…and you can see that I can choose my unit of measurement…from here directly.…
Of course I've got the fields to change the width…and the height.…I can now use basic arithmetic operators inside of here.…So, for example, if somebody said I needed something…to go on the first third of the screen, for example,…to 1080, then I could just change that value by,…let's do the 1920 here, divided by three,…and it would do that calculation for me,…similarly if I wanted to do that for the height as well.…
So the simple calculations are all possible…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.