Discover the new row feature for artboards.
- [Instructor] If, like me,…you're a frequent user of multiple artboards,…as they're great for icon sets,…and they're great for things like characters…when you're perhaps designing a typeface.…One of the frustrations you may have encountered before…is when you're adding artboards…using the Create New artboard button,…and it gets to the end of a row,…and then gives you some "cannot create artboard" dialog…because it's leaving the pasteboard of the document.…In the document I've got here,…which is basically iPad Pro.…
If I just zoom out quite a lot,…you'll see I've pushed this artboard up…into the top left hand corner of the pasteboard…so you can see it all.…And with my artboards panel,…I'm just going to click on the new artboard icon…so it's adding new ones along like so,…and I'll just do that a couple more times.…Now a new artboard will not fit on that row…so previously you would have got…the "cannot create artboard outside canvas" error message.…Now it just moves it across to the next row,…which is a simple thing, right,…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.