Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating within a document, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
After you open up a document for the first time in Illustrator, you might be a…little confused as to how to navigate around it, and by this I mean how to look…at the file in different ways or even know how to zoom in and zoom out to get a…little bit more clarity on the composition.…In this movie, I'll walk you through various navigational techniques that I use…inside of Illustrator, including some keyboard shortcuts that will help you pan…and zoom around your document like a pro.…The basic navigation controls inside of Illustrator can be found inside of the…Tools panel, over here on the left.…You'll notice that you have two tools, a Hand tool and a Zoom tool.…
The Zoom tool is pretty simple.…Bring it out, click once to zoom, hold down the Option key on Mac, the Alt key…on PC, and click to zoom out.…You'll notice when I hold down the Option key or the Alt key on a PC, that the…plus sign inside of the magnifying glass turns into a little minus sign,…indicating that I'm about to zoom out.…When you see the plus sign, that means we suit you're about to zoom in.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.