Learn about the new options for locked and/or hidden artwork when moving artboards.
- [Instructor] I don't know how many times…the following has caught you out…but I know it's caught me out plenty of times.…I've got some artwork here on an artboard…and what I want to do is I'm going to create a new iteration…of that, so I'm going to copy the artwork across,…so basically drag the artboard over.…So I'm going to select the artboard tool here,…and just before I drag it, you'll notice that…one of the items here is locked and do you know what?…Just for fun, I'm going to hide another one,…so if I select the hexagon here for example,…what I'll do is I'll just turn that off so it's hidden.…
So what I would have done previously,…if I'd dragged the artboard across,…I'd discover that it left things behind…and then I'd have to go back to the artboard…and then unlock and unhide the things I wanted to copy…across with it and then drag it across.…Well, that doesn't happen anymore.…You see, if I hold down the alt or option key here…and drag the artboard across,…everything gets copied with it.…I can now turn on the item that I hid there…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.