In this video, explore the options of rounded corners in Adobe Illustrator.
- [Instructor] As an addendum to the previous movie … on squares I wanted to say few words about live corners. … So here we have a square. … But that square can have rounded corners. … So how do we round the corners? … Chose your direct selection tool, select the shape, … you'll see the corner widget. … If you don't see it, from the View menu … it is right here. … So we can move that out or we can move it in. … Which of course, begs the question, … how do you affect just one of the corners? … And for this you will need to select it … with the main selection tool, the black arrow, … and then come to your shape options. … And you have a Make All Settings the Same icon. … That need to be broken so … that you can affect one side differently to the rest. … If I were now to turn it on, … I'm maintaining the current relationship … of the four corners. … So we can get some interesting effects … just by working on the different corners. … So here, I've rounded the top two. … Here three corners rounded. …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.