Discover a new limit for multiple artboards.
- [Instructor] The introduction of Artboards…into Illustrator, quite a little way back now,…was very, very welcome for the people who were…working on digital and UI projects at the time,…because it meant that you could have an individual…artboard, for example, as I have here, for each…of the icons you were using in an application.…But, there was a limit to a hundred artboards…inside of an Illustrator document, and that made…working on a project like this one quite difficult…because this needed different color renditions…of the icons, and if I just swap out to my finder…a moment and show you some of the documents.…
So here are all the different artboards on the side,…and if I just move through these, there's a green set,…for example, so an orange set and a purple set…and a magenta set and so on, and there were different…versions of these things depending on how active…or inactive they were for example.…Now, that limitation has been removed and you can…have up to a thousand artboards in an Illustrator document,…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. What topics were part of the course update that occurred 04/30/2018?
A. The following topics were part of the update: opening files in Illustrator; and simplifed use of Variable Data in Illustrator.
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.