Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Modernist, part of Designing a Poster.
Here we have an example inspired by famous Swiss typographer Jan Tschichold and…he designed a poster in the 1920s that looks like this and here is a very poor…reproduction of it, but this is an inspiration for this next piece. …Here's our finished point.…Now, we are going to pick this up, pick up the action right here, where we have…the type and only the type in place, or more or less in place. I'm going to…start by adding the background to the background layer. So with the background…layer selected, I'll turn on my guides and I'm going to put in a background rectangle.…
Bleed guide all the way down to bleed guide and let's fill that with our red color. …And now to make it into a triangular shape, I'm going to use my Pen tool…and come up to that top-right anchor point, click on that and then we get a…diagonal from the top-left all the way down to the bottom-right. Just remind…ourselves where we are going. On top of that we want a black triangle, so …I'm going to draw myself another rectangle, which this time I'll fill with black,…
Adobe InDesign CS4 and Illustrator CS4 Essential Training are recommended prerequisites to fully execute the techniques in this title.
- Generating ideas for layout and design
- Combining InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Establishing a workflow that blends maximum efficiency with maximum editing flexibility
- Choosing appropriate typefaces and imagery
- Choosing colors that convey the message
- Making the most of images
- Creating mockups for client approval and in preparation for printing