- In this movie, we're going to introduce…a photographic element into our logo.…Specifically, this galaxy cluster right here.…And this is an authentic image,…captured with the Hubble telescope,…and it's also public domain.…Now the first thing I'm going to do…is move this image over into my composition.…And you can do that,…assuming that the Rectangular Marquis tool…is selected, near the top of the Tool Box,…by right-clicking inside the image window,…and choosing "Duplicate Layer."…Then, I'll change my Document…to the Document in Progress,…which is called "With white background,"…and I'll go ahead and name the layer "galaxy," let's say,…and I'll click "OK."…And now, I'll switch back to that image…in order to see that galaxy located on a new layer.…
Now I want to change the Blend mode,…up here at the top of the Layers panel,…from "Normal" to "Screen,"…which will drop out all of the blacks…and leave us with just the stars,…as we're seeing here.…Now you need to adjust the position of this layer,…and so I'll get my Move tool on the fly…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 36m Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.