In this video, learn about the many flavors of PDF.
- [Narrator] Unless you turn off the option…when you save an Illustrator file,…then it is already PDF compatible.…And the architecture is read and understood by Acrobat…as it is many other PDF aware applications.…But there might be a time when you need…to actually save out to a specific flavor of PDF,…and to be honest I've heard the term just a PDF…so many times and there's no such thing.…There are so many different variables.…
So let's have a look at how we go about doing that.…What I'm gonna do here is come up to the file menu…and choose save as.…And then from the format here, I'll choose Adobe PDF,…and then a location for the file to go into.…And then we get the save Adobe PDF dialogue.…And this is where we need to pay attention…to what we're doing.…Now if you've been supplied PDF settings…by a print service provider,…you will access them by loading them…and dropping them into this menu.…
Or by printing to a post script file,…and then distilling them afterwards.…But just so you understand the basic things here.…
Watch Tony's companion course, Photoshop for the In-House Designer, to learn time-saving techniques using Photoshop templates, presets, brushes, and more.
- Producing print and digital graphics
- Using artboards, layers, and libraries
- File output formats
- Using Asset Export
- Creating symbols and libraries
- SVG interactivity
- Print production
- Using Illustrator plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign for the In-House Designerwith Claudia McCue10h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop for the In-House Designerwith Tony Harmer1h 44m Beginner
1. Producing Print Graphics in Illustrator
2. Producing Digital Graphics in Illustrator
3. Basic Print Production in Illustrator
4. Using Plugins
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.