Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing multiple documents, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
As designers, we are very busy.…In fact, we are always busy, and it's because of this hectic schedule that we are…forced to work on multiple projects and documents at the same time.…Luckily, Illustrator handles multiple documents pretty good, and in this movie I…will show you exactly what I mean by that.…When you first open up a few documents inside of Illustrator, and I actually…have four open right here, you'll notice that Illustrator opens them by default in…what's called a Tabbed Document Format, meaning that all of the documents are…showcased here along the top in tabs.…
Much the same way you would see tabs inside of web browser.…If you wish to select a tab and view that document, you simply click on it and…it switches to that document.…You will also notice that the documents can be viewed independently at different…zoom levels and different areas of the artboard as well.…So as I cycle through these, you will see there all separate individual…documents with different sizes, different magnification levels and…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.