Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a PDF, part of Designing a Poster.
Okay, having preflighted that document, we are now ready to make a print ready…PDF. As you are probably aware, PDFs come in a number of different flavors.…Some of them are small so that they can be downloaded quickly from a website;…others like the one that we are going to make are at full resolution and can be…used for final output.…These days printers tend to prefer to receive a PDF rather than an InDesign file. …It's less prone to error. It's all in one piece rather than made up of…several different bits and it's generally easier for you and easier for them,…but of course you need to make sure you give your printer the sort of PDF. Now,…the right sort of PDF is the PDF that they ask for.…
So first and foremost, speak to your printer and ask them what kind of PDF they…want to receive from you and it's possible that they can supply you with or…you can download from their website a PDF preset and you would then load that into…InDesign by coming to the File menu > Adobe PDF Presets > Define and then you…
Adobe InDesign CS4 and Illustrator CS4 Essential Training are recommended prerequisites to fully execute the techniques in this title.
- Generating ideas for layout and design
- Combining InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Establishing a workflow that blends maximum efficiency with maximum editing flexibility
- Choosing appropriate typefaces and imagery
- Choosing colors that convey the message
- Making the most of images
- Creating mockups for client approval and in preparation for printing