There's more to type than just 26 letters. Explore the possibilities of special glyphs and creatively used punctuation in this video.
- [Instructor] We have more than 26 letters … and we should take advantage of our full character set. … In these logos, … the thing that makes them work is a piece of punctuation … or a special character deployed in a clever way. … Maybe it's an apostrophe or an equals sign, … an infinity sign, a more than sign, or opening quotes. … But let's see what we can do. … Let's suppose my company name is Alpha. … I'll chose my Type tool, click to make an insertion point. … I see the placeholder text. … I come to the type menu Glyphs, … change my font to Symbol, where I see the alpha character. … I'll double-click on that to replace the placeholder text, … return to my selection tool, … Command + Shift, or Control + Shift, more than … to increase the size of that type … With a company name like Motion or some synonym of motion, … we can emphasize this by adding an ellipsis at the end. … I'll click to make an insertion point … at the end of the type, … Option or Alt, and semicolon. … To change these dots to round dots, …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.