Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Looking at the VectorScribe plug-in, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Drawing without the Pen Tool.
After spending a few hours together learning about how to draw inside of…Illustrator without using the Pen tool, I would be remiss if I didn't tell you…about a really cool plug-in that's available called VectorScribe.…It actually adds a few tools to Illustrator to help you create and modify paths…inside of Illustrator without having to rely too heavily on the Pen tool.…In addition, it has some really cool features that would be very useful to us…on a day-to-day basis.…For example, I'm just going to start with the Pen tool for a moment here and…just draw kind of like a zigzag line like this.…
Nothing too difficult. I'm not even adding any curves here.…But I'm now going to switch to a different tool here which is called…the PathScribe tool.…Once I select it, I'm now going to click and drag to marquee-select all of my…anchor points, and you notice that when I start mousing over this, little things pop-up.…And if I want to convert let's say this to a curve, I can just click and drag to…turn this into a curve.…
- Drawing artwork versus building artwork
- Sketching ideas on paper
- Creating curves with the Reshape tool
- Recording actions for speed and accuracy
- Working with the Pathfinder functions
- Understanding how Live Paint works
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Building and coloring artwork at the same time
- Turning variable-width strokes into filled paths
- Adjusting the behavior of the Pencil tool
- Drawing with the Calligraphic brush
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Core Drawing Concepts
2. Workflow: Drawing Paths
3. Pathfinder: Drawing with Math
4. Live Paint: Changing the Rules
5. Shape Builder: Building Artwork
6. Adding Expression: Variable Widths
7. Drawing with a Tablet
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.