Learn how to design a logo. Learn the principles of logo design by deconstructing popular logos and then constructing your own in Adobe Illustrator.
- [Nigel] Logos are everywhere. Everyday we come into contact with thousands of logos. They're part of our visual landscape and culture. More than any previous time in history people are aware of logos. They have strong opinions about them and definite responses to them. Welcome to Logo Design Techniques. I'm Nigel French. In my course we'll be looking closely at popular logos, grouping them by category and examining the techniques that were used in their creation. This is a hand-on course for learning real world logo design techniques using Adobe Illustrator. I believe that by deconstructing successful logos, it's possible to demystify the logo design process. Throughout the course I'll be showing examples of successful logos that are made from simple shapes, and I'll stress repeatedly the importance of keeping their design simple so that our logos can communicate for effectively. Let's get started.
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.