Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Locking and hiding artwork, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
We've spent a lot of time in this chapter going through various ways to view and…navigate your artwork.…In this movie, I'll cover the other side of the equation a little bit by showing…you how to hide your artwork so that you can access various overlapping elements…or simply see something that might be lurking behind it.…And I'll also show you how to lock your artwork to prevent any unnecessary edits…or accidental deletions.…So first things first, let's take a look at how to hide various parts of our artwork.…The first thing I need to do is find a piece of artwork that I need to hide.…
So for instance, I might want to hide this area here, this black background area here.…If I want to hide that to see what's underneath it, I can simply go to the Object…menu, choose Hide and choose Selection.…When I do that, it automatically hides that particular object on my artboard.…You'll also notice in the Layers panel that there's not a little eyeball next to…that part of the layer.…That's because essentially what I've done through a menu command is come down…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.