Learn how to create logos that are based on lines in Adobe Illustrator. See examples of successful logos that feature lines.
- [Instructor] Many logos use lines as an effective … graphic element. … The style of the line, it's weight, it's color, … the number of lines, and how the lines interact … with the type are just some of the variables. … Lines cannot underscore a name, … direct the eye, form barriers, … suggest connections, or indicate movement. … Lines can be shaped into swirls or ribbons. … They might be entirely abstract or evoke … the business of the company. … So let's take a look at some simple techniques … for incorporating lines into your logos. … Starting out with a simple underscore. … Actually I'm going to use the rectangle tool … to draw the line, so I can correspond the height … of the rectangle with the weight of rule … with the weight of the horizontal strokes of the letters. … And I'm going to start by drawing it over the bottom … of the letters, and then move it down so it … sits on the baseline of the type. … Now I'll duplicate it, holding down the option or alt key … and the shift key to constrain it, …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.