Learn how to paste on all artboards to lay out line sheets.
- [Instructor] In this movie I'm going to give you…a few tips on laying out line sheets.…Now that you've got your flats completed,…we need to lay them out in line sheets…to present them to buyers.…What we're going to start with is opening a multi page file,…kind of like this, but let me show you how to do it.…You're going to go File, New.…You're going to select Print and Letter,…just like we've been doing.…I prefer my line sheets to be laid out in tabloid form,…so I'm going to click on this icon right here,…and in this case we need five Artboards.…
So I'm going to make this say 5 and click Create.…And now we've got a file with five artboards in it.…If it turns out that you need additional artboards…while you're working, no problem.…You can go ahead and add them.…Just click on the Artboards tab,…which for you actually it won't be open yet,…so let me close this.…And it's going to be an icon that's sitting right here,…and it looks like this.…All you need to do is click on the New icon…and it will open an additional Artboard.…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.