Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Keyboard shortcuts and recording actions, part of Drawing Vector Graphics (2012).
- In the exercise files for this course you're going to…find a list of the keyboard shortcuts I use.…There's nine core keyboard shortcuts I use…every single day on almost every project…because it speeds up my build process,…it makes the whole creative workflow go a lot faster,…and I'm going to demonstrate that for you now.…There's actually going to be three keyboard shortcuts…that I'm going to demonstrate in this movie,…and the first one is the F1 key that I've used for…my first keyboard shortcut, and that is to mask something.…
Now, in order to mask something in Illustrator…without the use of keyboard shortcuts,…I'm going to show you how I do that.…On this particular shape I want…to take the burst in this design and mask it…within the background shape of the circle.…Well, to do that I'd have to select these,…deselect the burst, have access to this circle.…Now that it's selected I would go to Edit,…I would go to Copy, I'd go back to Edit,…I'd go Paste in Front, I'd go to Object,…pull down to Arrange, go over to Bring to Front,…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We updated 17 movies to reflect changes to the vector drawing workflow in Illustrator CC 2015.
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 Essential Trainingwith Justin Seeley8h 48m Beginner
Insights on Illustrative Designwith Von Glitschka31m 2s Beginner
1. The Process
2. Creative Preparation
3. Drawing Your Design
4. Workflow Enhancements
5. Building Vector Shapes
6. Presenting Your Designs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.