Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Joining and averaging paths, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
As you begin to work with artwork inside of Adobe Illustrator, especially…artwork that was created by other people, you may run into some problems that…you need to remedy with the paths that were created.…When I first started working with Illustrator, I ran into this problem a lot.…As a matter of fact, I created this problem a lot, and so in this movie I'm…going to show you how to take two separate paths and join them together, or…average them together to create one single path.…Basically what I'm talking about, if you focus on this area here inside the…artwork that I have open, you'll notice that this leaf down here is actually…comprised of two separate shapes, this one and this one.…
They're both open ended paths though.…I simply drew one half of the leaf here, and I drew one half of the leaf here…in the arcing shapes.…The line from here to here is actually created because of the open-ended shape.…What I want to do is make sure that this turns into one of these, and in order…to do that, I'm going to have to utilize the Join or the Average Command.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.