Learn about new joining options for groups.
- [Instructor] This is a little bit of an interesting…feature, and it's the ability to join paths even if they're…in groups and compound paths.…This is a very quick, rough example to show you where…that might be used, although of course there are several…places where you could use it.…For example, you've done a tracing of half of an object…that you want to flip a mirror and join the paths up.…That could work just as well.…And it saves you ungrouping the object and doing a load…of other operations on the side.…
So probably best that I just demonstrate it here.…So I've got a text object, which just happens to be this…capital letter I, just in Times and that's what I'm using…just here.…And I'm going to convert that to outlines using this…shortcut Shift+Cmd+O, that will be Shift+Ctrl+O on the PC.…And that gives me a group.…If you look at the top of the properties panel,…this is where it now identifies where things are…in the absence of a control strip.…And I'm going to hold down the Alt or Option key…and then shift-drag a copy across, like so.…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.