Learn about creating a 3D appearance with isometrics.
- [Instructor] Attraction maps have different…criteria to other maps.…Scale, for example, is much less important.…It really is its form slightly over its function.…It's meant to be something attractive…that if other people see the map,…as well of course, you're meant to use it…to find your way around a location,…but the idea is if other people see it…they're excited enough to go and look…at the attraction for themselves.…It's common to draw buildings in attraction maps…as some sort of projection such as the file…you're looking at, at the moment.…
And this is Harmer House in its territory,…part of a visitor leaflet to coming to Harmer House.…And if I just zoom out, you can see this is set up…for further work to be done on the map itself.…And also for the areas that will be populated…by InDesign further down the stream.…So it's all being drawn in the context of another document.…And this will be a bi-fold document,…so it will fold over this way and over this way…from the right to the left and so on.…
So how do we do these kinds of projection?…
- Understanding where your map will be used
- Finding reference material
- Using symbols and masks
- Drawing roads, rivers, buildings, and other landmarks
- Adding type
- Enhancing your map
- Adding interactivity and animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Creating a Map with Illustratorwith William Everhart2h 48m Intermediate
Draw Better and Faster with Illustrator CCwith Deke McClelland1h 52m Appropriate for all
1. Designing a Simplified Map
2. Basic Skills
3. Creating a Simplified Map
4. Enhancing Your Map
5. Interactive Maps
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.