- In this movie, we're gonna integrate…a second photograph into our logo,…specifically the ever famous horse head nebula,…and because we're gonna need to scale and rotate the image,…we'll do so using a Smart Object.…So the first thing you need to do…is make sure your Rectangular Marquee tool's selected,…and then right click inside the image window…and choose Duplicate Layer.…Then, I'll go ahead and switch my document…to my progress so far, which is called fullofstars.psd,…and I'll go ahead and call this New Layer "nebula," like so,…and then I'll click OK,…and then I'll switch back to that image,…at which point I'll see the nebula like so.…
Now notice if I switch the Blend Mode to Screen…at this point so I can see through the image.…It's not quite large enough…to entirely cover our logo,…so as I was saying, I need to scale and rotate it.…Any time you're thinking of scaling an image,…however, inside Photoshop, or rotating it for that matter,…you'll want to convert it to a Smart Object,…but you want to do so before you apply a Blend Mode.…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 36m Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.