- Determining the size of the margins
- Creating a layout grid
- Working with layers and master pages
- Placing dummy text and low-resolution images
- Creating and applying paragraph styles
- Addressing captions, cropping, and image sizing
- Preflighting documents
- Creating print-ready PDFs
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Nigel French. Welcome to Designing a Magazine Layout. In this course I'll be using Adobe InDesign to create a magazine feature article from the ground up. I'll be discussing a variety of concepts and techniques ranging from elementary to intermediate all of which are adaptable and scalable to your own projects. I'll start with the document construction determining the size of margins, setting up a layout grid and creating a wire frame.
Then I'll move on to consider the sourcing, scaling and cropping of images. and how to format our document efficiently with paragraph styles, character styles and object styles. After finessing the layout and copy fitting the text we'll preflect the document and prepare a print ready pdf. Let's get started.