Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing swatches, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Up until now, we've been exploring different ways of creating your own swatches…here inside of Illustrator.…In this movie, I will be focusing on how to import swatches that someone else…has created into your Illustrator document.…That way it makes it easier for you to take artwork from another person, or even…your client, and import it directly into Illustrator and start applying those…colors to your artwork.…Let's first start off by bringing the Swatches panel out in the open so you can see it.…There are many ways to get swatches into Illustrator, the first of which is to…open up an Adobe Swatch Exchange file or a .ase file.…
I am going to show you how to create one of these momentarily, but first I want…to show you how to open one up in case you ever get one sent to you.…The first thing you will need to do is go to this little Library icon right here…and I'll go down and choose Other Library.…Once I choose Other Library, it automatically takes me to the Presets area of my…Illustrator files on my computer.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.