In this video, learn about the formats for working in a digital environment.
- [Instructor] SVG is the vector format…for the web and you can save that directly…out of Illustrator…but quite often, you'll be asked to provide images.…And which format to use…is the subject of this movie.…I've got these three different graphics here.…What I'm going to do is just turn on a black background…I have in this file…so you can actually see their full nature.…This one here, of course, has some transparency…because it's just a circle…and, of course, all images are rectangular in shape.…
These are the transparent areas towards the corner.…This one doesn't have any transparency at all…and it's got continuous tones,…and what I mean by that,…is in stark contrast to the first example,…which has solid colors,…it's very difficult here to tell,…if not almost impossible,…to tell where one tone starts to become another…and that is true of pretty much every photograph…you've ever taken.…Finally, on the right hand side,…this one is a continuous tone image…and it has more complicated transparency,…what's called alpha transparency…
Watch Tony's companion course, Photoshop for the In-House Designer, to learn time-saving techniques using Photoshop templates, presets, brushes, and more.
- Producing print and digital graphics
- Using artboards, layers, and libraries
- File output formats
- Using Asset Export
- Creating symbols and libraries
- SVG interactivity
- Print production
- Using Illustrator plugins
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign for the In-House Designerwith Claudia McCue10h 33m Intermediate
Photoshop for the In-House Designerwith Tony Harmer1h 44m Beginner
1. Producing Print Graphics in Illustrator
2. Producing Digital Graphics in Illustrator
3. Basic Print Production in Illustrator
4. Using Plugins
Next steps1m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.