Illustrator for Web Design
This course reveals how designers can create vibrant web graphics, wireframes, and complete web site mockups with the strong layout and color management tools in Adobe Illustrator. Author and Adobe Certified Expert Justin Seeley covers topics such as building responsive layouts with artboards, producing custom color palettes and swatches for web graphics, and making vector shapes and text that seamlessly scale. The course also explores adding drop shadows and other live effects, setting up interface elements such as forms and tabbed interfaces, optimizing and exporting different types of graphics, and speeding up your workflow with reusable image sprites and Smart Objects.
- Customizing a web workspace
- Decoding the mysteries behind screen size and resolution
- Working with Pixel Preview and anti-aliasing
- Coloring web graphics
- Renaming and grouping layers
- Working with shapes and symbols
- Creating wireframes on a grid
- Styling text
- Creating image sprites
- Simulating web pages with artboards
- Optimizing and exporting your work
- [Voiceover] Hi there. My name is Justin Seeley, and I'm a staff author here at Lynda.com. I want to welcome you to this course on Illustrator for Web Design. We're going to start off by covering some core concepts about web design, including how to set up documents for various web and mobile application designs. Once we've laid the ground work, we'll take a deeper dive into things like color management, working with layers, creating wire frames and mockups, and even developing user interface elements. Once we've created our web graphics, I'll walk you step-by-step through optimizing and exporting your images to the web, so that you can get the highest quality files with the smallest file size possible.
Hopefully, by the end of this course, you'll have a firm grasp on the web design process, and how you can use Adobe Illustrator to create graphics for any screen-based design. Well, we've got a lot to cover, so if you're ready, let's begin our look at Illustrator for Web Design.
Fireworks CS6 Essential Training420,627 Views
Design Aesthetics for Web Design502,859 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery301,789 Views
Fireworks CS6 Workshop84,922 Views
UX Design Tools: Illustrator77,753 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,676,368 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,062,460 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,259,922 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2015)2,043,982 Views