- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Understanding how transparency works across the Adobe applications
- Deconstructing the Transparency panel
- Adding transparency to gradients
- Understanding how overprints and knockouts work
- Using a gradient or complex appearance as an opacity mask
- The rules of transparency flattening
- Working with complex regions
- Understanding the relationship between flattening and stacking order
- Creating and sharing flattener presets
- Saving PDF files and using the PDF/X standards
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, my name is Mordy Golding and welcome to Illustrator Insider Training, Seeing Through Transparency. Once we review some core concepts around vector transparency, I'll pick apart Illustrator's transparency panel explaining each of the seemingly cryptic settings. I'll show you how to incorporate transparency into gradient and even gradient mesh objects and I'll teach you how to create and control one of the most powerful masking techniques in Illustrator, the opacity mask. I'll break down the highly technical concept of transparency flattening into easy to understand rules that you can apply on a day to day basis to help ensure that the files that you create will appear and print perfectly.
Now, as with all Illustrator insider training courses, I'm assuming that you already have some basic familiarity with Illustrator. If not, I suggest that you first take a look at one of my other courses in the lynda.com online training library. Illustrator CS5 Essential Training. Now, if you're ready, let's get started with Illustrator Insider Training Seeing Through Transparency.
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
1. Core Transparency Concepts
2. Applying Transparency
3. Using Opacity Masks
4. Transparency Flattening
5. Establishing a Safe Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.