Illustrator for Fashion Design: Drawing Flats
Learn to draw detailed technical flats for the fashion industry using Adobe Illustrator. In this course, author Robin Schneider teaches you how to master the Pen tool, using a simplified approach so you can put your energy into designing. She walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers and shows you how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, custom brushes and symbols, and layers for quick and easy editing. Robin also shows you how to draw and render croquis (live models) complete with facial features and hair.
- What is a flat?
- Scaling, rotating, and duplicating shapes
- Simplifying and mastering the Pen tool to get you up and running quickly
- Drawing shirts with sleeves, collars, and placket details
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Using custom brushes to add stitching and trim quickly
- Creating and using symbols for buttons, zipper pulls, and drawstrings
- Drawing and rendering croquis with faces and hair
- Creating professional quality layouts
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Robin Schneider and welcome to Illustrator for Fashion Design Drawing Flats. In this course, I'm going to show you how to use Adobe Illustrator to create technical flats. I'm going to focus on only the tools you'll need for drawing fashion flats, like working with selection tools, shapes, path finder, and the pen tool. So you can jump right in and start drawing. I'll walk you through creating some basic flats, such as shirts, skirts, blazers, and pants. I'll also show you how to create custom brushes and symbols to speed up your workflow.
Finally, I'll show you how to create and render croqui and how to lay out your designs for a professional finished product. Now, let's get started with Illustrator for Fashion Design Drawing Flats.
Introducing Illustrator571,378 Views
Pixel Playground535,650 Views
21-Day Drawing Challenge402,095 Views
Tracing Artwork with Illustrator421,970 Views
Drawing Vector Graphics: Color and Detail396,039 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,647 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced392,295 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediate547,484 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training632,647 Views