- Reviewing grid and guide tools
- Using the GuideGuide plugin for Illustrator
- Creating modular and baseline grids
- Designing using constraint angles
- Creating a pattern from a grid
- Creating type with a grid
- Creating a grid from an object mosaic
Skill Level Beginner
- [Nigel] Hi, I'm Nigel French. Welcome to Illustrator: Designing with Grids and Guides. In this course, we'll start by looking at creating precision artwork in Illustrator, with the aid of grids and guides. But we'll also go beyond this to think about grids as a design principle that can inform the way you design anything. After covering the fundamentals of guides and their related options, we'll progress to thinking about grids in a more creative way.
Using them as an invisible framework to give structure to your artwork, and using them as inspiration for the artwork itself. As well as rectangular grids, we'll also work with diagonal grids and radial grids, and create a logo from a circular grid. Let's get started.