- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
- Hello, and welcome to Illustrator CS6 Essential Training. My name is Justin Seeley, and I'm a staff author here at lynda.com. I've been using Illustrator for nearly a decade, and it remains one of my favorite Creative Suite applications. We'll start off slow by covering the basics, like creating documents for both print and web, and we'll dive head-first into creating vector shapes like rectangles, circles, and even some complex artwork using the shape-builder tool. I'll also walk you through working with bitmap images in Illustrator, and we'll go through my personal workflow for tracing both photographs and lineart using Illustrator's image trace feature.
Finally, I'll walk you through outputting in a variety of formats for both print and web, and show you how you can use that artwork in other popular Creative Suite applications, like Photoshop and InDesign. In short, I'll be showing you everything you need to create engaging artwork using Adobe Illustrator CS6. So, if you're ready, let's jump right in and get started.
Q: Where can I learn more about graphic design?
A: Discover more on this topic by visiting graphic design on lynda.com.
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.