Note: Adobe Creative Cloud is updated on a regular basis. We will add more tutorials as features are added or changed, so check back often.
- Placing multiple files at once
- Unembedding raster graphics
- Searching for fonts and swatches
- Loading images in brushes
- Working with Automated Corner Generation
- Using the updated Free Transform tool
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi there, my name is Justin Seeley, and I'm a staff author here at Lynda.com. I'd like to welcome you to the Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud Updates course. This course is gonna be a little different from our normal courses here at Lynda.com, because as Adobe continues to add things to Illustrator with its Creative Cloud subscription service, we're gonna continually update this course as well. So far, Adobe has added some pretty nice new features to Illustrator via the Creative Cloud, and I'm excited to share some of those with you in this course. I'm gonna start off by talking about enhancements to the graphics workflow inside of Illustrator. This is where you learn how to use things like Multiple File Place, which enables you to instantly place multiple objects into your Illustrator document.
We'll also explore the updated Links panel, to help better manage your linked files, and you'll learn how to package your artwork for commercial print as well. Next up we'll talk about working with text, and I'll show you how to use the all new Touch Type tools, which allows users with a touch display to interact with text in a whole new way. You'll also learn some of the new text tool enhancements and how to search for fonts in the new type panels as well. From there, we'll cover several more updates, including the new Color Separations panel, searching for swatches in your libraries, using Raster graphics in your Illustrator brushes, working with enhanced pattern brushes, and we'll also explore the new CSS and SVG tool set which should be a nice addition to your web design workflow.
These are just the highlights, really. We'll cover all of these and more throughout the course, and as I've said, if Adobe drops an update down the road, we'll be there to cover that too. It's an exciting time in the world of creative software, and we've got a lot to cover. So if you're ready, let's begin our look at the Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud Updates.