Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying the client's brand objectives, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- Okay, right up front, before we do a darn thing…we have to identify the client's needs.…Our totally imaginary client is an up-and-coming…space tourism company called Frontiers Unlimited.…So, I guess it's like an airline,…in that it flies you way up in the air.…Or maybe, it's like a futuristic tour bus…in that it provides both the transportation,…and the entertainment.…Or it's an airborne cruise line…that doesn't have any stops.…That's the problem, it really isn't like anything…that's come before it.…
It's quite literally out of this world.…So that provides us with the real challenge,…we have to design something for a company…that's unlike anything that's ever existed.…Now, what we're seeing here is a list of watch words…provided by the client.…To the client, these are promises to prospective customers,…but to us, they're brand objectives.…Our logo is gonna be an element of this company's brand…so the client's objectives have to inform our design.…In other words, our logo has to communicate…these four key concepts.…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 37m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.