Learn how exploring many ideas is important to find the one that works best.
- [Voiceover] Being creative doesn't always come easy,…and generating ideas isn't always a concise process.…In this movie, I want to walk you through project…and show you a real world overview…of how creative iconic visuals…were developed within the context…of a project I worked on.…So, let's jump into it.…This is where it all starts for me.…It all starts with analog, it all starts with drawing,…and these were thumbnail sketches…I created for this project.…
Now, this was an ad agency that hired me.…They have their own internal process…for branding clients that they have…and to represent the various services.…Within that process, they wanted to…brand them, with an icon,…to reflect each of those services,…and that's what they hired me to create for them,…is the icons to do that.…And, this is where it all started.…It all started with drawing, lots of drawing.…You can see all the check marks.…
That's just me picking which ones…I think are the strongest…for the initial round of presentation…and then checking them off as I created them,…
- Developing icon ideas
- Simplifying complex shapes
- Drawing visual metaphors
- Establishing visual continuity
- Creating flat icons
- Creating long shadow icons
- Detailing icons
- Creating pixel perfect icons
- Reviewing how icon art is used in a variety of design contexts
Skill Level Intermediate
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka4h Intermediate
1. Iconic Fundamentals
2. Vector Icon Design
3. Raster Icon Design
4. Iconography Samples
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.