See how iconic art is used in a variety of design contexts.
- [Narrator] In this movie,…I want to show you a variety…of different design projects I created icons for…or used an iconic approach to solve a creative problem.…So the mark you see in front of you here was designed…with iconography-centric elements in it,…and that is the plants that are within the shield.…Now not all icons I developed are used…to represent a theme within a navigation, for instance,…or to represent a category…or a system of iconography.…
Sometimes, it's just utilizing these methods to create,…in this case, a mark used in the greater context of a brand.…So I created this for a company called Fidelis Greens.…The owner of the company was in high tech,…and he's now moving into a new environment,…and that is farming,…but he's taking his high-tech knowledge…using sensors and hydroponics,…and they're doing something really cool with it.…They hire nothing but Marine Corps vets,…and that's why the name is called Fidelis.…
That comes from the Marine Corps terminology.…And they buy these containers…and set up these self-contained farming environments…
- Developing icon ideas
- Simplifying complex shapes
- Drawing visual metaphors
- Establishing visual continuity
- Creating flat icons
- Creating long shadow icons
- Detailing icons
- Creating pixel perfect icons
- Reviewing how icon art is used in a variety of design contexts
Skill Level Intermediate
Drawing Vector Graphics: Patternswith Von Glitschka3h 59m Intermediate
1. Iconic Fundamentals
2. Vector Icon Design
3. Raster Icon Design
4. Iconography Samples
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.