Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use exercise files, part of Illustrator for Web Design: Aesthetics.
- If you have access to the exercise files for this course, you can go ahead and download those now from the course page on lynda.com. Once you have the files downloaded, it might be a good idea to stick them in a convenient location. I'm going to have mine right out here on my desktop. Inside of the Exercise Files folder you'll find several different Chapter folders. Each Chapter folder corresponds to a different Chapter inside of this course, and inside of that Chapter folder are all of the files that we use throughout the various exercises. As we go through the course, you'll see video cues on-screen, indicating which files you should have open.
Just open those files up, and you should be able to follow along with me, step by step, using the exact same files that you see on-screen. If you don't have access to the exercise files, that's okay too. You can still follow along using your own files, or, simply just sit back, relax, and watch me take you through each exercise.
- Finding color inspiration
- Applying color
- Choosing the right typeface
- Using character and paragraph styles
- Optimizing graphics in Photoshop
- Placing photos and vector artwork in Illustrator
- Creating buttons and other UI elements
- Organizing and sharing your project