Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use exercise files, part of Creating Icons with Illustrator.
- View Offline
If your membership includes access to the exercise files for this course, you can download those course files and stick them on your desktop like I have here. Inside of the Exercise Files folder, you'll find another set of folders that correspond to the different chapters that have exercise files in them. As we go throughout the course, just simply open up the chapter folder and filename that you see on screen. That way, you can follow along with me step by step with the exact same files that I'm using. If you don't have access to the exercise files, that's okay too. You can still follow along using your own files or simply sit back and watch as I take you through each individual exercise.
- Exploring file formats, sizes, perspective, and platform guidelines
- Choosing an icon style
- Creating sketches and assigning color schemes
- Building a grid system for icons
- Redrawing icons with shapes
- Saving icons
- Generating icons for different operating systems