Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Hiding, locking, and deleting layers, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
The Layers panel is very powerful, and it has the ability to do a lot of things…that can make working in Illustrator even easier.…In this movie, I am going to be exploring some of the ways that you can work…with your layers inside of the Layers panel to do things like hide, lock, and…even delete layers that you don't need anymore.…So the first thing I am going to do is I'm going to do some locking of layers, to…ensure that I don't mess up something that I've already completed in my drawing.…In this case, the background is pretty much set, and I don't want to do anything…to remove that nice gradient I've created in the background, or accidentally move, or delete it.…
So I am going to go right here, and you'll notice when I hover over this blank…space in the Layers panel, it tells me that it toggles the lock.…Basically, when I click this, it locks that layer down, so that I can't select it,…and can't modify it in any way.…If I come out here with my Selection tool, and try to make a selection of the…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.