Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Grouping objects, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
As you start to create artwork inside of Illustrator, you may find the need to…modify or move objects in unison with one another.…In order to do this, you'll need to create a group.…In this movie, I'll walk you through the basics of grouping objects together and…show you how they can help you modify multiple objects at one time.…In order to make groups you have to make a couple of selections first. Let's go…and grab the Regular Selection tool and then click on a piece of artwork.…Once I have that piece of artwork selected, I want to group it with…another piece of artwork.…
Since these two pieces go hand-in-hand, I'll hold down my Shift key and click…this piece of artwork as well.…Now I'm ready to group these objects together, so I can then scale and rotate…them in unison with one another.…In order to make a group, there are two things I can do, I can go to Object and…select Group, or as you see out to the right, I can use the keyboard shortcut…Command+G or Ctrl+G, that's Command on the Mac, Ctrl on the PC, and the letter G.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.