Learn how to create custom grids in Adobe Illustrator that will suit any web-based design and layout.
- [Instructor] When you're creating website designs,…it's really important to be working with a grid.…A grid is defined as a network of uniformly spaced…horizontal and perpendicular lines.…It forms the basis for structure on which a designer…can organize graphic elements, things like images,…glyphs, paragraphs, et cetera.…We'll wanna set these up in a rational…and easy-to-absorb manner.…A grid can help us to do this.…A grid can be used to organize graphic elements…in relation to a page,…in relation to other graphic elements on the page,…or relation to other parts of the same…graphic element or shape.…
If you wanna create something that has balance…in terms of the way that visual elements…complement one another through their positioning,…grids are the way to go.…They offer you guidance on how to relate one object…to another and most importantly, how to structure elements…on the artboard.…Beyond that, the grid helps designers create…pixel-perfect artwork for digital devices.…And in my opinion, this is a must.…I'm starting with a new document that has two artboards.…
- Customizing a web workspace
- Using the artboards to create multiple sized files easily
- Laying out responsive web experiences using Illustrator
- Creating and using character and paragraph styles
- Working with symbols
- Recoloring selected artwork
- Creating a site map
- Creating moodboards
- Creating wireframes
- Creating full-blown comps
- Exporting icons for screens
- Extracting CSS styles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Project
2. Design Responsively
3. Development Process
4. Collaborate and Share
5. Export Assets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.