Explore the benefits of using graphic styles to streamline and control elements globally in Adobe Illustrator.
- [Instructor] A graphic style is a set…of reusable appearance attributes.…Graphic styles allow you to quickly…change the look of an object.…For example, you can change its fill and stoke color,…alter its transparency, and apply effects, all in one step.…Every change that you apply with the graphic…styles are completely reversible.…Creating and using graphic styles can be a really great way…to save time when you're working on a web layout,…and also during the development process.…In order to take full advantage of graphic styles,…it's important that you fully understand…the Appearance panel, because that allows…you to create your own graphic styles.…
The purpose of the Graphic Styles panel…is to store an appearance of than object…so you can reuse it quickly on other objects.…However, it's important that you don't…confuse graphic styles with symbols.…When you save a symbol in the Symbol panel,…you save the entire object, so you also will save…the paths, and the words, and the shape of the object.…When you save a graphic style, you only save…
- Customizing a web workspace
- Using the artboards to create multiple sized files easily
- Laying out responsive web experiences using Illustrator
- Creating and using character and paragraph styles
- Working with symbols
- Recoloring selected artwork
- Creating a site map
- Creating moodboards
- Creating wireframes
- Creating full-blown comps
- Exporting icons for screens
- Extracting CSS styles
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Set Up the Project
2. Design Responsively
3. Development Process
4. Collaborate and Share
5. Export Assets
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.