Learn why you should keep experimenting, and trying new things in order to grow and improve your skills.
- The design industry is cluttered…with commercial-oriented art of all types and formats.…Much of it is very forgettable and lacks artistic aesthetic.…The beauty of custom, hand-painted vector brushes…is it can be used for commercial purposes,…but also brings an authentic artistry…that is genuine in feel,…and that resonates on a deeper level…with those who view it.…So grab a brush and some paint…and create your own original, artistic vector brushes…for Illustrator.…
The process is very simple but immensely enjoyable,…and I hope it inspires you to create new forms…of vector artwork.…Don't forget to check out the exercise files…for this course which contain source vector files…for all the art, a free brush set and more.…Thank you for watching,…and remember drawing is design's best friend,…so never stop drawing.…
Graphic designer Von Glitschka appreciates the endless brush stroke freedom that real-world brushes offer, and he knows how to replicate this offering in the digital world. In this course, he shows how to create your own custom, handmade brush strokes and import them into Adobe Illustrator. Von demonstrates how to compile and use custom brush strokes to achieve both a hand-painted aesthetic and a personal touch. Whether you're a painter, a designer, or just a fan of Illustrator, this course offers instructions on how to expand your use of Illustrator.
- Painting real brush strokes
- Transforming real brush strokes into digital brush strokes
- Importing brush strokes
- Creating bitmap surface textures
- Modifying vectors
- Compiling patterns, shapes, and strokes
- Working with layers and blend modes
- Using vector brushes
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating an Authentic Look
2. Using Vector Brushes
3. Vector Painting Process
4. Deconstructing Complex Vector Paintings
5. Using Adobe Capture
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.