Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting the most out of this training, part of Illustrator Insider Training: Drawing without the Pen Tool.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
I have structured this series of courses based on years of teaching Illustrator…to many different kinds of people, from newcomers to experts.…The topics aren't haphazardly grouped together.…Rather, each lesson and each chapter builds on the previous one.…The best way to follow this course is to watch the movies in order, chapter by…chapter. Try to resist jumping around from movie to movie.…Although you may pick up a few useful tips and tricks if you do jump around,…you'll ultimately miss out on what this training aims to give you: a total…understanding of how and why the tips and tricks work.…
Now the goal of this training is not to teach you how to add glows or drop…shadows or create shiny buttons with reflections.…Instead, it's my hope that you'll come to understand the concepts behind the…techniques, so that you can come up with your own solution to the creative…issues that you face every day.…Oh, and one more thing. To help reinforce your learning throughout the course,…and to so also help you focus on the important concepts that you'll be learning,…
- Drawing artwork versus building artwork
- Sketching ideas on paper
- Creating curves with the Reshape tool
- Recording actions for speed and accuracy
- Working with the Pathfinder functions
- Understanding how Live Paint works
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Building and coloring artwork at the same time
- Turning variable-width strokes into filled paths
- Adjusting the behavior of the Pencil tool
- Drawing with the Calligraphic brush
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator CS5 One-on-One: Advancedwith Deke McClelland14h 53m Intermediate
1. Core Drawing Concepts
2. Workflow: Drawing Paths
3. Pathfinder: Drawing with Math
4. Live Paint: Changing the Rules
5. Shape Builder: Building Artwork
6. Adding Expression: Variable Widths
7. Drawing with a Tablet
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.