Join Mordy Golding for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting the most out of this training, part of Illustrator: Seeing Through Transparency.
I've structured this series of courses based on years of teaching Illustrator to…many different kinds of people, from newcomers to experts.…The topics aren't haphazardly grouped together.…Rather each lesson and each chapter builds on the previous one.…The best way to follow this course is to watch the movies in order chapter by chapter.…Try to resist jumping around from movie to movie. Although you may pick up a few…useful tips and tricks if you do jump around, you'll ultimately miss out on…what this training aims to give you: a total understanding of how and why the…tips and tricks work.…
Now, the goal of this training is not to teach you how to add glows or…drop shadows or create shiny buttons with reflections. Instead it's my hope that…you'll come to understand the concepts behind the techniques so that you can…come up with your own solution to the creative issues that you face everyday. …Oh and one more thing. To help reinforce your learning throughout the course and to…also help you focus on the important concepts that you've been learning, I've…
- Understanding how transparency works across the Adobe applications
- Deconstructing the Transparency panel
- Adding transparency to gradients
- Understanding how overprints and knockouts work
- Using a gradient or complex appearance as an opacity mask
- The rules of transparency flattening
- Working with complex regions
- Understanding the relationship between flattening and stacking order
- Creating and sharing flattener presets
- Saving PDF files and using the PDF/X standards
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Coloring Artwork (2011)with Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator: Rethinking the Essentialswith Mordy Golding5h 7m Intermediate
Illustrator: Drawing without the Pen Toolwith Mordy Golding4h 39m Intermediate
1. Core Transparency Concepts
2. Applying Transparency
3. Using Opacity Masks
4. Transparency Flattening
5. Establishing a Safe Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.