Learn about a gathered skirt front from a sketch.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…we're going to work from a sketch.…This is what I think is the most comfortable workflow,…and it's the one I recommend.…We'll just stick with the same file.…I'm going to go ahead and turn off…the visibility of the skirt we just did,…and I'm going to turn off the guide.…We don't need that.…I am going to make a new layer.…Now we're going to place the sketch.…I've already done a quick sketch of the skirt I want to do,…and I've scanned it into my computer.…So now we're going to place it,…and you'll find it.…It's called Skirt Sketch.…
And this time, we want to make sure that Link is unchecked,…but template can be unchecked as well.…We don't want to make a template of this.…We're going to click Place.…It's going to have it loaded in the cursor this time…because we didn't click Template.…I'm going to just click once on the page to place it,…and then I'm going to go up here to Opacity,…and I'm going to lower this to 50%.…That way, we can see through it,…and we can place it on our template.…When I drew the skirt, I printed out a copy of the template,…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Photoshop for Fashion: Warping Pattern Fillswith Robin Schneider2h 51m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.