Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Formatting your logo with a free OpenType font, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- In this movie, I'll show you how to style your logo…using an entirely free open type font,…specifically, Arsenal from this guy right here,…Andriy Shevchenko.…And while, for licensing reasons,…I can't provide this font to you,…you can download it any time you like…from 1001freefonts.com.…And what that's gonna allow us to do is,…take the logo as I created it in the previous movie…and convert it into this slightly different effect here.…And while, if you look closely,…each and every character is different,…especially the regular characters…in the second line of type,…we end up with a very similar design.…
So let me show you how that looks.…First of all, if you're working along with me,…you wanna make sure to download that font…and install it on your system.…It is, as I was saying, a cross-platform open type font.…And then, if you have access to my exercise files,…you can go ahead and open that file…that I created in the previous movie.…If you're working on a PC, you will undoubtedly…get a Missing Fonts warning.…Don't worry about it.…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 36m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.