Join Robin Schneider for an in-depth discussion in this video Filling and rendering a croquis, part of Illustrator for Fashion Design: Drawing Flats.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Now that we have the croquis traced, let's go ahead and add some color.…I'm going to start with adding the skin color. Skin color tends to be a…little difficult to mix when you're working in a digital format, but Illustrator…has some built-in libraries that we can take advantage of.…If you go over to the Swatches panel and click on this Libraries icon in the…bottom left-hand corner, you'll see an assortment of libraries with different…color groups that we can use.…There is Earthtones, there is one called Kids Stuff, there is one called Food…and conveniently there's one called Skintones.…
If we click and open it you'll find an assortment of skin tones premixed and ready to use.…So I'm going to go ahead and click on this one and it would be helpful if I had…it set to my Fill instead of my Stroke.…So let's change that and I'm going to go ahead and select the rest of the skin…and fill it with the flesh tone.…You'll notice the hand didn't fill because I put it on a separate layer in order…to bring it in front of the skirt, so we'll select that as well and fill it.…
- What is a flat?
- Scaling, rotating, and duplicating shapes
- Simplifying and mastering the Pen tool to get you up and running quickly
- Drawing shirts with sleeves, collars, and placket details
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Using custom brushes to add stitching and trim quickly
- Creating and using symbols for buttons, zipper pulls, and drawstrings
- Drawing and rendering croquis with faces and hair
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator Insider Training: Coloring Artworkwith Mordy Golding4h 44m Intermediate
Illustrator CS6 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 8m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: Overview of Basic Illustrator Tools
2. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
3. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
4. Drawing Skirts
5. Drawing a Blazer
6. Creating Custom Brushes
7. Creating Custom Symbols
8. Drawing Pants
9. Drawing Croquis
10. Presenting and Sharing Your Flats
Saving for print and email1m 53s
Using the Instructor Guide
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.