Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting your logo as a layered PSD file, part of Creating and Adapting a Logo.
- In this chapter we're gonna throw some of our…last remaining caution to the wind.…We're gonna take our shaded logo design…from Illustrator into Photoshop,…and then we'll add some photo-realistic embellishments…that include authentic space photography…captured by the Hubble Telescope.…And the idea is that this is the ultimate…attention-grabbing, eye-candy version of the logo.…The one that we feature on a giant banner at a trade show,…or on the cover of the annual report,…or even on the physical rockets themselves.…This is the money shot.…Though as you'll can see we're still gonna take…some pains to err on the side of less is more.…
After all, we don't wanna create so much noise or chaos…that we distract from the core design.…Now the first step is to get the logo into Photoshop,…which means exporting it from Illustrator…as a layered PSD file.…So I'll go and switch you over to Illustrator.…And by the way, this is that version of the logo…in which I have aligned the text to the pixel grid,…that's very important.…
- Identifying the brand's objectives
- Sketching a design
- Drawing the artwork in Illustrator
- Selecting the perfect font for a logo
- Adding type
- Choosing and assigning spot colors
- Adding vector-based shading with gradients
- Using photographic details for a more photorealistic look
- Changing the orientation of a logo
Skill Level Intermediate
Designing and Animating a Mind-Bending Illusionwith Deke McClelland1h 26m Intermediate
Designing Your Own Online Avatarwith Deke McClelland3h 36m Intermediate
Photoshop CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost14h 58m Beginner
1. Brainstorming and Development
2. Drawing the Art for Your Logo
3. Setting the Type
4. Assigning Spot Colors for Print
5. Adding Device-Independent Shading
6. Adding Some Photorealism
7. Changing the Orientation
Until next time1m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.